About Me

My photo
Susie Wild is a poet, writer, journalist, critic, lecturer, festival organiser and editor with 25 years of editorial experience. She is the author of poetry collections 'Windfalls' (2021) and 'Better Houses' (2017). Her debut short story collection 'The Art of Contraception' was longlisted for the Edge Hill Short Story Prize 2011. Her ebook novella 'Arrivals' was released in 2011. She edited the illustrated short story anthology 'Rarebit' for Parthian's 21st birthday. (All available via Parthian Books). She lives by a mountain in South Wales @Soozerama

Tuesday 5 April 2011

I would like to thank the Academi...



...or rather the newly branded shiny fabulous people that are behind Literature Wales and the fabulous panel members for Literature Wales Writers’ Bursaries 2011-12: Katie Gramich (Chair), Catrin Beard, Catherine Fisher, Carolyn Jess-Cooke, Amanda Hopkinson and Idris Reynolds. Thanks very much all.

Yes the clever people at Literature Wales have awarded me money to take time off from all the other pay-the-rent journalism, PR etc. work I do to immerse myself in writing The Novel. My very first novel. I shall be posting updates of what I am reading and thinking about and how all the writing process is going or not going here. 


Otherwise, in social networking and journalism terms I shall be much quieter than usual for a spell. You will still see me performing here and there but otherwise enjoy the peace.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the bursary award and all the best for the novel writing. Look forward to following progress here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Susie so excited for you and looking forward to reading about the process

    ReplyDelete